Campus Hamm/Münster, Campus Rhineland
International Business and Engineering M.Eng.
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- 4 Semesters
- on campus
- 120 ECTS
- multiple locations
- only winter semester
- without NC
- Full time
In our Master's programme International Business and Engineering you learn to develop and apply solution-oriented approaches and to understand the connections between business and engineering.
- summer and winter semester
Your course content
What you will learn
The Energy of the Future – Exciting New Opportunities
Regenerative energy systems will play an important role in meeting our future energy needs. Related areas range from the construction of plants and systems to business consulting to sales. The topics of sustainability and energy efficiency are not limited merely to the energy sector, however. The use of green technology in other sectors offers new opportunities, but a holistic approach will be required. Get Ready for the Future (of Energy)!
Master’ Degree Programme in International Business and Engineering, Including Preliminary Courses (120 CPs)
Students with undergraduate degrees from engineering sciences programmes will begin their studies with a preliminary one-semester course in Business Studies (30 ECTS). After successfully completing of one of these courses, they enter the regular Master’s degree programme.Students with undergraduate degrees from engineering sciences programmes will begin their studies with a preliminary one-semester course in Business Studies. After successfully completing this course, they enter the regular Master’s degree programme.
Preliminary course business studies:
- Module 1+2: Business Essentials I
- Courses: Business Theory & Research, Business Law, Market Analysis, Business Startup, Marketing & Sales, Project I
- Module 3+4: Business Essentials II
- Courses: Accounting, Human Resources, Investment & Finance, Mathematics, Business Management, Project II, Language
Our academic year is divided into eight blocks of five weeks each. These blocks build on one another with regard to content. Studies begin with a 14-days introductory module. Targeted learning is offered from day one with a university-wide preparatory phase to acquire basic study skills.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Get Ready for the Future (of Energy)!
Following successful completion of our Master’s degree programme, graduates will be prepared to take on management responsibilities in a variety of different business and technical fields as well as in the field of technical and economic development.
The dual focus on two core areas of competency that are of growing importance and have a broad spectrum of various applications opens a wide range of potential career options. The resulting flexible professional profile is enhanced by good language skills and experience working in both national and international contexts. In an increasingly globalized professional world, our graduates will have the ability to evaluate sustainable technical projects in accordance with current business standards.
Successful completion of this Master’s degree programme also qualifies graduates to begin a doctoral programme.
Clarify your questions about your desired degree programme at the SRH University in NRW with our team. Simply book a time slot on Tuesday, 09.05.2023, between 13.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. CET and let us advise you on your start in winter semester 2023!Event
Flexibility at its best - Our bridge semester
In addition to the high-quality transfer of knowledge in teaching according to the CORE principle and thus in addition to the training of technical, social and methodical competence application, the personal development of the students is also important to our university. Therefore, we have now introduced the so-called bridging semester in order to offer a maximum of flexibility for exactly this personal development. How does this work and what are the requirements? Quite simply.
You have reached 90 CP in your Master´s degree program? Perfect. We now offer you two options:
- You continue your studies and graduate as soon as possible
- You take a semester break and use this time to find a job, do internships, get a taste of companies, learn languages, acquire cultural competencies or whatever enhances your skills. You do not have to pay any monthly fees for this semester. Of course, your studies will continue for one more semester.
You can use this bridging semester as a bridging semester at the earliest after reaching 90 CPs and at the earliest after finishing the 3th semester in terms of personal and professional development and remain enrolled. A fee is charged for this semester, but the last semester is then free of charge. The bridging semester is limited to one semester. You can indicate yourself if you have reached the required CP before the bridging semester.
The possibility to apply for a semester off remains. The bridging semester is a parallel existing attractive alternative.
In the sense of our integration project "Allstay 4.0" we offer a maximum of flexibility and would like to promote personal development of our students. Students can use the bridging semester for upgrading their language and skills or for networking.
The following curriculum / study plan is for orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
- Preliminary course business studies* 30
- Energy and Sustainability I 8
- Energy and Sustainability II 8
- Top Management 8
- International Framework 8
- Modern Technologies and Development 8
- International Collaboration 6
- Middle Management 6
- Electives + Language 6
- Engineering Design Project 6
*Students with undergraduate degrees from engineering sciences programmes will begin their studies with a preliminary one-semester course in Business Studies. After successfully completing this course, they enter the regular Master’s degree programme.
- Master's Thesis incl. Colloquium 26
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree (e.g. Diploma) in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent subject.
Additionally, we require proof of proficiency in English (for example IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT) or other proof such as through an interview). No test required for students from countries with English as the official language in education.
Important information: Please note your country-specific visa deadlines in order to start studying in Germany. We can only guarantee you a place at our university of Applied Sciences if you have a valid visa to study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country for exact deadlines.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 5.450 Euro per semester (908,33 Euro per month) + one-off registration fee of 950 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 1. semester fee + one-time registration fee of 950 Euro is to be paid before the semester starts
- payment per semester is mandatory
- deposit for final admission letter: 3.000 Euro
- fee for cancellation: 3.000 Euro
Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Study together and get a bonus
You don't want to start your studies at the SRH University of Applied Sciences in NRW alone, but bring someone with you? Great, then we will reward you with a one-time bonus of up to 600 euros. Just download the application and please note the conditions on the form.
Please note Visa requirements for indian students
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia. For more information about the process, go to the APS-India website: https://aps-india.de/.
Step 1: Apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia
Step 2: Initiating the verification process at APS (at same time as step 1)
Step 3: Once the verification and TestAS is done book your visa appointment
Step 4: Visa Appointment
Step 5: Come to Germany and start your dream studies!
Please note: You do not need the verification certificate for your application at SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia.Go to APS India
- Here you learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week blocks
- You receive continuous performance feedback
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Standort Hamm/Münster
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Standort Hamm/Münster
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Standort Hamm/Münster