For you researches Our librarys
In order for you to be able to do optimal research during your studies, we have embedded our stock of specialist literature in the municipal central library. It is located right next to the university and is considered one of the most modern libraries in the area with a large stock of books and online options.
Literature research during your studies
You will receive a library card for our library, which is located on the Hamm campus in the same building as the university. This gives students access to all the services of the central library. The books of the university are labelled "SRH". Online encyclopaedias and databases can also be used free of charge outside the central library. The 11-digit ID number must be entered as the login and one's own date of birth in the form DD.MM.YYYY as the password. The library offers a wide range of services:
- The online catalogue
- An international press portal
- The largest English-language online encyclopaedia "Britannica Library
- The meta search engine for scientific purposes "Digibib" (https://www.hamm.de/bildung-und-weiterbildung/stadtbuecherei/info-seite/die-digibib-wasist-das.html. This is a collection of sources and database access provided by the NRW-HBZ University Library Centre. It includes catalogues and full-text source collections).
- Another service is the KVK, the Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue. This is a meta-catalogue search engine that bundles a wide variety of national and international library catalogues under one search interface.
The publications searched in both portals can be ordered through the library via interlibrary loan. During opening hours, the library can also be used for studying or preparing for exams. Free WIFI and free PC workstations are available. There are individual and group workstations on each floor. In addition, three group rooms can be reserved for three hours a day for groups of at least two people. For making an appointment, only your library card is required.
YOUR DIGITAL OPTIONS
EBSCO Online Database
The university has invested in a new online database for literature research. With "EBSCO", one of the largest providers of printed and electronic journals, periodicals and e-books is at your disposal.
From 1 May 2020, you will be able to access the "Business Source" in this database, one of the most widely used full-text databases in the academic sector. In addition to a large number of academic journals, it also contains numerous industry reports and company profiles. This combination, in its breadth summarised in one source with a standard reference bibliography, provides the basis for optimal research. The database includes:
- More than 1,100 active journals and magazines in full text.
- More than 660 active, peer-reviewed journals in full text
- More than 300 active, peer-reviewed journals in full text without embargo
- More than 550 active journals in full text
In addition, more than 21,000 e-books relevant to the subject area "Technology and Economics" are available to you.
For optimal use of the literature database, the university has provided you with detailed instructions for the various research options on the CampusNet platform. In CampusNet you will also find the access link to the database. If you click on this link while you are connected to the university's VPN, you can directly access the content that has been activated for you. Click here to go to CampusNet.
Please note: You can currently only access Ebsco and content select via BYOD WLAN at the university.