Particularly for manufacturers of goods and service providers in the logistics sector, sustainable value networks are strategically important business components in the supply chain sector in view of the ever-increasing global supply chains.
In addition to the basics of general SCM processes such as global procurement, transformation of materials into products, storage and distribution of goods to customers as well as collection and disposal, students learn to plan, manage and control these business and IT processes in terms of sustainability. Sustainable Supply Chain Management in companies reduces costs, brings optimised results in less time and improves customer satisfaction. Therefore, competences in Sustainable Supply Chain Management are in high demand in the economy. SSCM provides you with interdisciplinary knowledge and skills in Strategic Logistics Management, Supply Chain Operation, International Management, Process Design and Management and Big Data as well as social skills. In the area of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), you will preferably work with SAP systems during your studies.
Students will upon completion enhance their competences and knowledge related to SSCM.Specifically, graduates will be able to identify and eliminate unsustainable sources/activities of supply chain processes. They will be able to develop closed-loop supply chains that lead to sustainable manufacturing and implement sustainable sourcing/procurement practices. They will also learn to optimise material flows/distribution processes (routing/packaging/consolidation/cross docking) and balance inventories (make or buy as needed; practice reduce, reuse and redesign policy) and understand and apply circular economy principles.
Fundamentals of International Management, Communication and Knowledge-Management, Language I10
Technologies, Data and Strategies, Sensors, IT-Systems, CPS, IT Architektur, Businessmodells for SCM (IT) Solutions, Language I10
SLM "strategic levels in Logistics", SCO "Fields of development and potentials", Language I10
Delivering infomation for data, Modelling und analytical methods, Pareto-Optimization, Game Theory and Complex Simulation, Language II10
Productionsplanning and CRM, Strategic and tactical design of networks, Evolution and drivers of supply chain management, Tools and methods of management and controlling, Language II10
Simulation of valuecreating networks, Tools for systemsanalysing, potentials of simulations in optimization, Datamodells and architectures; methods and tools, Big Data, structures of sources and growth, Language II10
You can receive an official SAP certificate for the course "SAP® Business Intelligence"!
✓ SAP BW as a module of a company-wide IT system landscape.
✓ Working with SAP GUI and SAP BEx Suite
✓ Modeling objects using Administration Workbench
✓ Creating and executing queries using Query Designer
✓ Using created reports with the methods of multidimensional analysis
Structure and set-up of SAP ERP; Order to cash cycle, Simulation using SAP ERPSIM, Systemstheory and processdesign; modelling business processes, Language III10
Organizations: economics and law; Business developement, Fundamentals of business law, Introduction to international law, Language III10
Basics of sustainability in logistics, Application and development of sustainable logistics processes, Language III10
Master's Thesis incl. Colloquium30
For an application you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree (e.g. Diploma) with a minimum of 180 credit points (ECTS) in Logistics, Business Engineering, Economics, Engineering, IT and/or equivalent subjects.
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), Duolingo (Score of 110) or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
- Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Study fees (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
4.700 Euro per semester (783 Euro per month) + one-off enrollment fee of 1000 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
1. You pay 1000 € (one-off enrollment fee in advance - that is not refundable)
2. We will send you the Final Admission Letter (now you have time to take care of Health insurance, APS, VISA, blocked account, accommodation etc.)
3. After that, you will receive a new payment request in the amount of the first semester fee (payment per semester is mandatory)
4. If we received this fee, you will be enrolled
Option for you: You can get a discount of 3% for annual payment and 5% for full payment
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
- Full time
- multiple locations