You want to take on social responsibility and help build and shape the world of tomorrow today. Then start your Master's programme in Applied Sustainability Management now.
- You can still apply with us!
Campus Hamm/Münster, Campus Rhineland Applied Sustainability Management M.Sc- full-time
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 3 Semesters
- on campus
- 90 ECTS
- multiple locations
- without NC
- Job/family compatible
- summer and winter semester
Your course content What you will learn
The global world is in a constant process of change - a good CO₂ balance, recyclability and energy-efficient production, logistics and goods are important success factors in business today. The result is: sustainable factors continue to rise. In our Master's programme "Applied Sustainability Management" you will learn to assess, develop and implement aspects of sustainability. You will be enabled to think and act with foresight. In addition to the theoretical aspects, your teaching will focus on insights and development processes for project management, communication and international cooperation as well as transformation processes.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Design transformation processes for sustainable social development and manage their implementation.
- Analyse and evaluate structures and processes with regard to social, ecological and economic aspects.
- Identify, discuss and implement the political, economic and social impacts, conflicts and potential solutions to the challenges of sustainability
Classroom sessions take place in blocks every 3 weeks during the semester. In addition, courses take place twice a week in the evening (approx. 18.00 - 20.00 pm).
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
A rethinking has taken place in society and companies, institutions and service providers are also increasingly focusing on the topic of 'sustainability'. The demand for qualified professionals in this field will continue to increase in the future. With our new Master's programme "Applied Sustainability Management", you will be able to meet this demand as a specialist. The programme prepares you to work in various areas of sustainability. You will be able to familiarise yourself with different fields of work and will be equipped with the necessary skills to analyse and optimise complex systems and implement new solutions. Based on your elective module, you will become an expert in a sustainability field. You will qualify for comprehensive activities in the following areas, among others:
- Sustainability management and transformation processes
- Strategic management
- Innovation management
- and project management.
The completion of the Master's programme also entitles you to a doctorate and thus to a professional qualification for an academic career.
The following curriculum / study plan is for orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
Sustainability - The Basics | Sustainable Business and Governance | Psychological and Social Transformation
Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals3
Ethics & Social Sciences4
Sustainable Business Development4
Sustainable Business: Data Analysis and Models3
Sustainable Strategic Management: Concepts and Perspectives3
Human Behavior, Transformation and Communication3
Global Eco-Social Problems4
Transformation of Ecosystems | Areas of Sustainability 1 | Areas of Sustainability 2
Ecological Impact Of Climate Change4
Select two electives from the following courses in the "Areas of Sustainability I" module10
Fair Trade (elective modul 1)5
Renewable Energy Systems (elective modul 2)5
Sustainable Agriculture (elective modul 3)5
Green Fashion (elective modul 4)5
Sustainable Health Management (elective modul 5)5
Select two electives from the following courses in the "Areas of Sustainability II" module.10
Sustainable Water Management (elective modul 1)5
Sustainable Supply Chain Management (elective modul 2)5
Sustainable Urban Development (elective modul 3)5
Sustainable Mobility (elective modul 4)5
Sustainability Food Industry (elective modul 5)5
*In the modules 'Areas of Sustainability I' and 'Areas of Sustainability II', two elective modules with 5 CPs each are selected. In total, you will achieve a sum of 10 CPs per module.
Transformation Of Society | Masterthesis
Sustainable Social Governance5
Business Transformation And Change Management5
Master-Thesis and Colloquium20
Admission requirements Our requirements
For an application you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree (e.g. Diploma) with a minimum of 180 credit points (ECTS) or at least 210 CP (further information under 'Admission requirements in detail')
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
4.700 Euro per semester (783 Euro per month) + one-off enrollment fee of 1000 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
1. You pay 1000 € (one-off enrollment fee in advance - that is not refundable)
2. We will send you the Final Admission Letter (now you have time to take care of Health insurance, APS, VISA, blocked account, accommodation etc.)
3. After that, you will receive a new payment request in the amount of the first semester fee (payment per semester is mandatory)
4. If we received this fee, you will be enrolled
Option for you: You can get a discount of 3% for annual payment and 5% for full payment
Apply now Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.