Clarify your questions about your desired degree programme at the SRH University in NRW with our team. Simply book a time slot on Tuesday, 09.05.2023, between 13.00 a.m. and 1.00 p.m. CET and let us advise you on your start in winter semester 2023!Event
NO APPLICATION DEADLINE
- You can still apply with us!
Campus Hamm/Münster, Campus Rhineland
Applied Sustainability Management M.Sc- full-time
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 3 Semesters
- on campus
- 90 ECTS
- multiple locations
- without NC
- Job/family compatible
You want to take on social responsibility and help build and shape the world of tomorrow today. Then start your Master's programme in Applied Sustainability Management now.
- summer and winter semester
Your course content
What you will learn
The global world is in a constant process of change - a good CO₂ balance, recyclability and energy-efficient production, logistics and goods are important success factors in business today. The result is: sustainable factors continue to rise. In our Master's programme "Applied Sustainability Management" you will learn to assess, develop and implement aspects of sustainability. You will be enabled to think and act with foresight. In addition to the theoretical aspects, your teaching will focus on insights and development processes for project management, communication and international cooperation as well as transformation processes.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Design transformation processes for sustainable social development and manage their implementation.
- Analyse and evaluate structures and processes with regard to social, ecological and economic aspects.
- Identify, discuss and implement the political, economic and social impacts, conflicts and potential solutions to the challenges of sustainability
Classroom sessions take place in blocks every 3 weeks during the semester. In addition, courses take place twice a week in the evening (approx. 18.00 - 20.00 pm).
In the Master's programme "Applied Sustainability Management" you will acquire knowledge in theoretical concepts of sustainability research as well as intensive practice-relevant expertise in selected disciplines of ecology, economics and sociology. In the second semester, you have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in various subject areas, for example in sustainable food management, sustainable energy production or sustainable supply chains. Due to the international orientation of the Master's programme, you will be optimally equipped for the upcoming tasks in the field of sustainability and its transformation in the national as well as in the international environment.
The Master's programme focuses on the following topics:
- Sustainability concepts,
- Ethical and socio-political aspects of sustainability in corporate management processes,
- Sustainable supply chains and SCM Transformation of the self, society and business processes.
- In-depth focal points (as elective modules) in the area of technology, food industry, energies, clinics, etc.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
A rethinking has taken place in society and companies, institutions and service providers are also increasingly focusing on the topic of 'sustainability'. The demand for qualified professionals in this field will continue to increase in the future. With our new Master's programme "Applied Sustainability Management", you will be able to meet this demand as a specialist. The programme prepares you to work in various areas of sustainability. You will be able to familiarise yourself with different fields of work and will be equipped with the necessary skills to analyse and optimise complex systems and implement new solutions. Based on your elective module, you will become an expert in a sustainability field. You will qualify for comprehensive activities in the following areas, among others:
- Sustainability management and transformation processes
- Strategic management
- Innovation management
- and project management.
The completion of the Master's programme also entitles you to a doctorate and thus to a professional qualification for an academic career.
The following curriculum / study plan is for orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
Sustainability - The Basics | Sustainable Business and Governance | Psychological and Social Transformation
- Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals 3
- Ethics & Social Sciences 4
- Environmental Protection 3
- Sustainable Business Development 4
- Sustainable Business: Data Analysis and Models 3
- Sustainable Strategic Management: Concepts and Perspectives 3
- Human Behavior, Transformation and Communication 3
- Global Eco-Social Problems 4
- Personal Competences 3
Transformation of Ecosystems | Areas of Sustainability 1 | Areas of Sustainability 2
- Ecological Impact Of Climate Change 4
- Environmental Technology 3
- Environmental Law 3
- Select two electives from the following courses in the "Areas of Sustainability I" module 10
- Fair Trade (elective modul 1) 5
- Renewable Energy Systems (elective modul 2) 5
- Sustainable Agriculture (elective modul 3) 5
- Green Fashion (elective modul 4) 5
- Sustainable Health Management (elective modul 5) 5
- Select two electives from the following courses in the "Areas of Sustainability II" module. 10
- Sustainable Water Management (elective modul 1) 5
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management (elective modul 2) 5
- Sustainable Urban Development (elective modul 3) 5
- Sustainable Mobility (elective modul 4) 5
- Sustainability Food Industry (elective modul 5) 5
*In the modules 'Areas of Sustainability I' and 'Areas of Sustainability II', two elective modules with 5 CPs each are selected. In total, you will achieve a sum of 10 CPs per module.
Transformation Of Society | Masterthesis
- Sustainable Social Governance 5
- Business Transformation And Change Management 5
- Master-Thesis and Colloquium 20
For an application you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree (e.g. Diploma) with a minimum of 180 credit points (ECTS) or at least 210 CP (further information under 'Admission requirements in detail')
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Upon presentation of a Bachelor's degree with:
A) 180 CP and less than 1 year of qualified work experience:
Qualifying examination + an internship of at least 1 year in a sustainability-relevant professional field of not less than 10 hours/week prior to or during your studies.
You complete your Master's degree with a total of 270 CP.
B) 180 CP and 1 year of qualified work experience:
Qualifying examination + recognition of 15 CP through the professional experience + possibility of acquiring another 15 CP through participation in other modules of the higher education offer with reference to topics of the study programme at Master's level.
You complete your Master's degree with a total of 300 CP.
C) 180 CP and 2 years of qualified professional experience:
Qualifying examination + recognition of 30 CP through the qualified professional experience.
You complete your Master's degree with a total of 300 CP.
At least good English language skills (≥ B2 level) if the English-language degree program is chosen.
The Master's programme Applied Sustainability Management M.Sc. is aimed at all university graduates with a Bachelor's degree of at least 180 CPs. Due to its block structure, the programme can be studied full-time, alongside a job and/or family. It is aimed at all those who, after completing a Bachelor's degree, would like to further their education and qualifications in the field of sustainability and transformation management, either directly or with existing professional experience.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 4.700 Euro per semester (783,33 Euro per month) + one-off registration fee of 950 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 1. semester fee + one-time registration fee of 950 Euro is to be paid before the semester starts
- payment per semester is mandatory
- deposit for final admission letter: 3.000 Euro
- fee for cancellation: 3.000 Euro
Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Our sustainability strategy is launched
We are officially certified as "climate positive". SRH University of Applied Sciences in North Rhine-Westphalia is now one of only a few universities in Germany to receive the "climate positive" seal.
Please note Visa requirements for indian students
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia. For more information about the process, go to the APS-India website: https://aps-india.de/.
Step 1: Apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia
Step 2: Initiating the verification process at APS (at same time as step 1)
Step 3: Once the verification and TestAS is done book your visa appointment
Step 4: Visa Appointment
Step 5: Come to Germany and start your dream studies!
Please note: You do not need the verification certificate for your application at SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia.Go to APS India
- Here you learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week blocks
- You receive continuous performance feedback