Clarify your questions about your desired degree programme at the SRH University in NRW with our team. Simply book a time slot on Tuesday, 06.12.2022, between 10.00 a.m. and 2.00 p.m. CET and let us advise you on your start in summer semester 2023!Event
NO APPLICATION DEADLINE
- You can still apply with us!
Your course content
What you will learn
In our Bachelor course in Supply Chain Management you will learn to analyse business and IT processes and to plan, control and manage new ones. During your studies, you will acquire important personal skills as well as the subject-specific expertise required for a process-oriented approach to global value creation chains. You focus on management, logistics processes as well as logistics information systems in and for logistics-relevant areas of industrial, trade and logistics service companies. Professional supply chain management in companies reduces costs, brings optimised results in less time and improves customer satisfaction.
The Bachelor in Supply Chain Management allows you to gain an understanding of logistics from holistic, specialist, and management perspectives, with an emphasis on application-oriented competencies. Our aim is to provide you with a practice-oriented, scientifically based education that will qualify you for specialist or management positions in the area of logistics. Potential career opportunities include employment with national and international manufacturing or retail enterprises as well as with logistics-related service providers.
You will strengthen your professional and personal development and you will have the opportunity to define your personal profile in these four core areas of our Master in Supply Chain Management:
- Business and Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Systems (particularly ERP and SCM)
- Personal Competencies/Soft Skills
A further core objective of our Master in Supply Chain Management is to equip you with the know-how you need to conduct independent practical work in team leadership, personnel management, and operative and strategic supply chain management, as well as in participative or executive functions within IT implementation projects.
With the exception of the final semester, every semester of our Master in Supply Chain Management is made up of fourteen weeks of lectures followed by exams. The final semester is the practical semester, in which you write your Master’s thesis while working at a company. This practical phase allows you to establish personal contact with interesting companies and potential employers – an important step on the road to launching a successful career.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Today, in the world of logistics, it is no longer just products or companies that are in competition, it is more about value chains or value networks. And here comes you as a professional supply chain manager, who helps companies to reduce costs, optimize results and efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction. There is a great demand in today’s labour market for supply chain managers. At our University you develop interdisciplinary expertise in the fields of strategic logistics management, supply chain operation, international management, process design and management, and big data, while at the same time you enhancing your personal skills. Of course, in addition to a career in the professional world of supply chain management, you can also aim for a doctorate.
Flexibility at its best - Our bridge semester
In addition to the high-quality transfer of knowledge in teaching according to the CORE principle and thus in addition to the training of technical, social and methodical competence application, the personal development of the students is also important to our university. Therefore, we have now introduced the so-called bridging semester in order to offer a maximum of flexibility for exactly this personal development. How does this work and what are the requirements? Quite simply.
You have reached 150 CP in your Bachelor's degree program? Perfect. We now offer you two options:
- You continue your studies and graduate as soon as possible
- You take a semester break and use this time to find a job, do internships, get a taste of companies, learn languages, acquire cultural competencies or whatever enhances your skills. You do not have to pay any monthly fees for this semester. Of course, your studies will continue for one more semester.
You can use this bridging semester as a bridging semester at the earliest after reaching 150 CPs and at the earliest after finishing the 5th semester in terms of personal and professional development and remain enrolled. A fee is charged for this semester, but the last semester is then free of charge. The bridging semester is limited to one semester. You can indicate yourself if you have reached the required CP before the bridging semester.
The possibility to apply for a semester off remains. The bridging semester is a parallel existing attractive alternative.
In the sense of our integration project "Allstay 4.0" we offer a maximum of flexibility and would like to promote personal development of our students. Students can use the bridging semester for upgrading their language and skills or for networking.
The following curriculum / study plan is for orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
- Self-management 2
- Business English 4
- Introduction to Business Studies (Creating a Business Plan) 2
- Introduction to Business Studies II 2
- Maths I 2
- Microeconomics 4
- Macroeconomics 2
- Statistics I 2
- Procurement 3
- Production Management 3
- Physical Distribution 2
- Maths II 2
- Marketing & Sales 6
- Evaluative statistics 4
- Investment and financing 2
- Cost & Performance Accounting 2
- External Accounting I 2
- Maths III 4
- Scientific work & presentation techniques 2
- Project Management 2
- Quality Management 2
- Project Seminar I 4
- Public law 3
- Commercial Private & Commercial Law 3
- Dangerous Goods & Substances 4
- Introduction to Computer Science 2
- Application-oriented data processing 3
- Programming & IT Projects 3
- Physics I (Mechanics) 2
- Personal & Organisation 4
- Controlling 4
- Corporate Management & Planning I 2
- Quantitative Methods in Economics 2
- Introduction of ERP systems 2
- Application ERP systems 4
- Physics II (EIMO) 6
- Material flow calculation & simulation 4
- Internal material flow technology 3
- Machine elements 2
- Human Resources Management 4
- Project seminar II 6
- Planning of logistical systems 5
- Production control 3
- Flow of goods control 2
- Traffic & Handling Systems 5
- Supply Chain Strategies 5
- Control & Automation Technology 4
- Order picking systems 6
- Internship 14
- Bachelor-Thesis 16
Please note Visa requirements for indian students
From 1st of November 2022, applicants from India will be required to have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Centre New Delhi (APS-India) before applying for a visa. After successful verification you will receive a certificate which allows you to initiate the visa process. Please note that the verification process at APS-India is expected to take approximately 4 weeks. We recommend that you apply for the APS certificate at the same time as you apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia. For more information about the process, go to the APS-India website: https://aps-india.de/. When you apply for a Bachelor degree you will need to take the TestAS additional to the APS verification. For more information about the process, go the TestAS website: https://www.testas.de/en/index_en.htm
Step 1: Apply to SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia
Step 2: Initiating the verification process at APS (at same time as step 1)
Step 3: Attending TestAS
Step 4: Once the verification and TestAS is done book your visa appointment
Step 5: Visa Appointment
Step 6: Come to Germany and start your dream studies!
Please note: You do not need the verification certificate for your application at SRH University in North Rhine-Westphalia.Go to TestAS website
- Here you learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week blocks
- You receive continuous performance feedback
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off registration fee of 950 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 1. semester fee + one-time registration fee of 950 Euro is to be paid before the semester starts
- payment per semester is mandatory
- deposit for final admission letter: 3.000 Euro
- fee for cancellation: 3.000 Euro
Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
SRH University - Stay healthy Are you already studying ... or still organizing?
With our all-round solutions, we can help you to find a proper accommodation and rent an apartment while you are still in your home country. You can start living and feeling good straight away when you arrive in Germany.