- Here you learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week blocks
- You receive continuous performance feedback
Your course content
What you will learn
Almost everyone is talking about sustainability. This degree programme helps you to practice and promote sustainability in the sense of logistics. In this way, you contribute directly to the environmentally friendly use of a company's finite economic resources. You will also learn the difference between sustainable and green logistics, which are often equated.
Sustainable logistics is not just about moving goods and people from one place to another. Rather, it is the business processes of the logistics industry that will make tomorrow's world more sustainable. In concrete terms, this means creating a balance between the economic, ecological and social needs of people and the environment.
Green logistics, on the other hand, describes the efforts of the logistics industry to reduce, and if possible eliminate, the emission of pollutants to the environment through logistics processes such as freight transport. Due to the large number of transport processes, the logistics sector is known to be an industry with high CO₂ emissions and other pollutants. As an expert in green logistics processes, you could also ensure climate neutrality.
The degree programme combines industrial engineering with the know-how of logistics processes. In accordance with our CORE principle, you will learn many skills that are important for your career and profession. The Logistics B.Sc. programme focuses on the individual logistics functions within a company. This includes industry-specific requirements, economic efficiency and modern logistics technologies such as pick by voice or delivering by drones - a highly exciting field, especially against the background of dynamic economic developments and challenges.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Industrial engineers with specialist skills and knowledge of sustainable logistics are in demand worldwide. As the logistics industry is constantly evolving, you could expand your career prospects by specialising in other areas such as waste management and hospital logistics or marketing and event logistics.
National and international manufacturers and logistics service providers are constantly looking for qualified logistics specialists. In addition, trade, IT services, infrastructure companies as well as associations and the consulting sector offer well-paid job opportunities. The degree programme combines industrial engineering with the know-how of logistics processes. In addition, you will learn many our CORE principle, you will learn many competencies that are important for your your career.
The Logistics B.Sc. programme focuses on the individual logistics functions within a company. This includes industry-specific requirements, economic efficiency and modern logistics technologies such as pick by voice or delivering by drones - a highly exciting field, especially against the background of dynamic economic developments and challenges. For information about the entire curriculum or the possibility of internships and bridging semesters, please contact us.
Flexibility at its best - Our bridge semester
In addition to the high-quality transfer of knowledge in teaching according to the CORE principle and thus in addition to the training of technical, social and methodical competence application, the personal development of the students is also important to our university. Therefore, we have now introduced the so-called bridging semester in order to offer a maximum of flexibility for exactly this personal development. How does this work and what are the requirements? Quite simply.
You have reached 150 CP in your Bachelor's degree program? Perfect. We now offer you two options:
- You continue your studies and graduate as soon as possible
- You take a semester break and use this time to find a job, do internships, get a taste of companies, learn languages, acquire cultural competencies or whatever enhances your skills. You do not have to pay any monthly fees for this semester. Of course, your studies will continue for one more semester.
You can use this bridging semester as a bridging semester at the earliest after reaching 150 CPs and at the earliest after finishing the 5th semester in terms of personal and professional development and remain enrolled. A fee is charged for this semester, but the last semester is then free of charge. The bridging semester is limited to one semester. You can indicate yourself if you have reached the required CP before the bridging semester.
The possibility to apply for a semester off remains. The bridging semester is a parallel existing attractive alternative.
The following curriculum / study plan is for orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
- Self-management 2
- Business English 4
- Introduction to Business Studies (Creating a Business Plan) 2
- Introduction to Business Studies II 2
- Maths I 2
- Microeconomics 4
- Macroeconomics 2
- Statistics I 2
- Procurement 3
- Production Management 3
- Physical Distribution 2
- Maths II 2
- Marketing & Sales 6
- Evaluative statistics 4
- Investment and financing 2
- Cost & Performance Accounting 2
- External Accounting I 2
- Maths III 4
- Scientific work & presentation techniques 2
- Project Management 2
- Quality Management 2
- Project Seminar I 4
- Public law 3
- Commercial Private & Commercial Law 3
- Dangerous Goods & Substances 4
- Introduction to Computer Science 2
- Application-oriented data processing 3
- Programming & IT Projects 3
- Physics I (Mechanics) 2
- Personal & Organisation 4
- Controlling 4
- Corporate Management & Planning I 2
- Quantitative Methods in Economics 2
- Introduction of ERP systems 2
- Application ERP systems 4
- Physics II (EIMO) 6
- Material flow calculation & simulation 4
- Internal material flow technology 3
- Machine elements 2
- Human Resources Management 4
- Project seminar II 6
- Planning of logistical systems 5
- Production control 3
- Flow of goods control 2
- Fundamentals of sustainability in logistics 10
- Application and development of sustainable logistics processes 10
- Internship 14
- Bachelor-Thesis 16
For your application you will need:
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
For international students with local university entrance qualification.
- Passing entry exam with good score – admission
- Passing entry exam – admission with additional integrated study courses
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off registration fee of 950 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 1. semester fee + one-time registration fee of 950 Euro is to be paid before the semester starts
- payment per semester is mandatory
- deposit for final admission letter: 3.000 Euro
- fee for cancellation: 3.000 Euro
Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible. Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines