You want to turn your hobby into a profession? Our Sports Management course combines the best of a classic business degree with dynamic sports management. In 6 semesters you will grow into the MVP of sports management through our licensed CORE model.
Your course content What you will learn
The Sports Management degree programme provides you with competencies in all core business topics and qualifies you to take on management responsibility and consulting tasks in the sports industry. During your studies, you will acquire knowledge, methods and an understanding of the interrelationships in the sports industry. You will deal with the economics of sport, the management of companies and players in the industry. In addition, you will learn about marketing and sales of sports products and services. Excursions and guest lectures give you a glimpse behind the scenes of the sports world. You keep your focus throughout your studies and combine traditional methods with practice-oriented approaches. The practical projects also integrated into the degree programme familiarise you with the current challenges in sports management. With a practice-oriented Bachelor's thesis at associations/clubs or agencies, you complete your studies and can celebrate your personal success after six semesters.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
Your compact business studies programme enables you to work on complex problems independently and efficiently and to successfully enter the job market. The foundation for this lies in the solid economic structure of the degree programme. The distinctive sports management contributions provide the perfect polish on the way to your desired position. Possible career paths where special expertise in sports management is required: -Executives in the international sports industry -Various management, sales and consulting tasks at clubs, associations, agencies or sporting goods manufacturers.
Flexibility at its best
The following curriculum / study plan serves as orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
Business Concept (Self-Management, Intercultural Compentences, Introduction in Business Administration I (Creating a Business Plan), Introduction in Business Administration II)10
The Market (Mathematics I, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics I)10
Performance Output (Procurement, Production Management, Physical Distribution, Mathematics II)10
Marketing (Marketing & Sales, Statistics II)10
Financial Planning (Investment & Financing, Cost & Performance Accounting I, External Accounting I, Mathematics III)10
From Theory into Practice (Academic Work & Presentation Techniques, Project Management, Quality Management, Project Seminar I)10
Legal Basics (Public Law, Private Economic & Commercial Law, Company Law & Selected Economic Law)10
Information Technology (Introduction in Computer Science, Application Oriented Data Processing, Introduction in E-Business, Programming & IT-Projects)10
Company Organisation (Human Resources & Organisation, Controlling, Business Management & Planning I)10
Financial Planning II (Quantitative Methods of Scientific Work, Introduction of ERP-Systems, External Accounting II, Cost & Performance Accounting II)10
Financial Planning III (Accounting, Company Taxation, Organisation)10
Best Practice (Human Resources Management, Project Seminar II)10
Business Management (Business Creation & Development, Business Management & Planning II)10
Fundamentals of Sport Management10
Specialisations in Sports Management10
Practical Experience (Internship)14
Realisation (Bachelor's Thesis incl. Colloquium)16
Admission requirements Our requirements
For your application you will need:
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
For international students with local university entrance qualification.
Passing entry exam with good score – admission
Passing entry exam – admission with additional integrated study courses
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off enrollment fee of 1000 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
1. You pay 1000 € (one-off enrollment fee in advance - that is not refundable)
2. We will send you the Final Admission Letter (now you have time to take care of Health insurance, APS, VISA, blocked account, accommodation etc.)
3. After that, you will receive a new payment request in the amount of the first semester fee (payment per semester is mandatory)
4. If we received this fee, you will be enrolled
Option for you: You can get a discount of 3% for annual payment and 5% for full payment
Apply now Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible. Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Other suitable programmes You might also be interested in
Business Management B.Sc.
- Full time
- multiple locations
Business Management B.Sc. - Digital Marketing
- Full time
- multiple locations