Become your own boss! In this degree programme you will learn all the necessary skills to develop innovations, model business models and become successful as an entrepreneur. We prepare you for the path "from the idea to the company".
Your course content What you will learn
The study programme "Innovation and Start-up Management" contains the authoritative knowledge of business and serves as a basis for starting entrepreneurship. Relevant professional competences and key competences of a founder are taught here.
During the course of study in small groups, students work on solving economic problems. Industry-standard methods and principles for dealing with everyday tasks are taught to you and practised in case study-based studies.
With this set of methods and skills, you are well equipped for your future as a founder or co-founder, or as a committed team player in a start-up. Your team will appreciate your innovative strength and important management skills. After graduation, you will be practised in presenting a business idea and the associated model to customers or financing partners.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
The career prospects in business are very good with a degree in innovation and start-up management. Because innovators are needed everywhere due to their mindset and creative skills, regardless of the industry.
Possible fields/sectors of employment are:
- Start-up, business incubators, innovation centres and institutes, business development agencies
- IT and engineering
- Health, social services and care
- Controlling and accounting
- Marketing, sales and media
- Logistics and trade
- Tourism, Hotel and Event
Flexibility at its best
The following curriculum / study plan serves as orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
Business Concept (Self-Management, Intercultural Compentences, Introduction in Business Administration I (Creating a Business Plan), Introduction in Business Administration II)10
The Market (Mathematics I, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics I)10
Performance Output (Procurement, Production Management, Physical Distribution, Mathematics II)10
Marketing (Marketing & Sales, Statistics II)10
Financial Planning (Investment & Financing, Cost & Performance Accounting I, External Accounting I, Mathematics III)10
From Theory into Practice (Academic Work & Presentation Techniques, Project Management, Quality Management, Project Seminar I)10
Legal Basics (Public Law, Private Economic & Commercial Law, Company Law & Selected Economic Law)10
Information Technology (Introduction in Computer Science, Application Oriented Data Processing, Introduction in E-Business, Programming & IT-Projects)10
Company Organisation (Human Resources & Organisation, Controlling, Business Management & Planning I)10
Financial Planning II (Quantitative Methods of Scientific Work, Introduction of ERP-Systems, External Accounting II, Cost & Performance Accounting II)10
Financial Planning III (Accounting, Company Taxation, Organisation)10
Best Practice (Human Resources Management, Project Seminar II)10
Business Management (Business Creation & Development, Business Management & Planning II)10
Transformation & Communication10
Practical Experience (Internship)14
Realisation (Bachelor's Thesis incl. Colloquium)16
Admission requirements Our requirements
For your application you will need:
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
For international students with local university entrance qualification.
- Passing entry exam with good score – admission
- Passing entry exam – admission with additional integrated study courses
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off enrollment fee of 1000 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
1. You pay 1000 € (one-off enrollment fee in advance - that is not refundable)
2. We will send you the Final Admission Letter (now you have time to take care of Health insurance, APS, VISA, blocked account, accommodation etc.)
3. After that, you will receive a new payment request in the amount of the first semester fee (payment per semester is mandatory)
4. If we received this fee, you will be enrolled
Option for you: You can get a discount of 3% for annual payment and 5% for full payment
Apply now Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Other suitable programmes You might also be interested in
Business Management B.Sc.
- Full time
- multiple locations
Business Management B.Sc. - Digital Marketing
- Full time
- multiple locations
Business Management B.Sc. - Digital Business
- Full time
- multiple locations