- You learn step by step
- You study in practical tasks and in small teams
- You can concentrate on the essentials in 5-week-blocks
- You get continuous performance feedback
Your course content
What you will learn
With the Digital Marketing major, you specify your education with a focus on the digital world of marketing. Building on the fundamentals of business administration, you will also acquire the skills of a digital marketing manager with this specialisation.
How are products successfully marketed digitally? How do you build a brand in the digital world? Maintain a digital community with the help of social media? No problem. We prepare you for the digital challenges as well as for everyday professional life. Working in teams, developing solutions to problems and presenting them are no longer a problem for you.
In addition to the basics of online marketing with a focus on digital marketing concepts, we also look at important legal aspects: What licensing and copyrights do I have to observe? How do I ensure sufficient data protection?
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Digitisation is on everyone's lips and is considered one of the greatest challenges of our time. With the focus on digital marketing within your business administration education (see also "Business Administration B.Sc.), you are a sought-after personality.
As a digital marketing manager, you are a welcome competence in all marketing departments - across all industries. Whether in the marketing of consumer or industrial goods or services: digitalisation has found its way into all branches of industry. Of course, positions in agencies are also open to you.
Flexibility at its best
In addition to the high-quality transfer of knowledge in teaching according to the CORE principle and thus in addition to the training of technical, social and methodical competence application, the personal development of the students is also important to our university. Therefore, we have now introduced the so-called bridging semester in order to offer a maximum of flexibility for exactly this personal development. How does this work and what are the requirements? Quite simply.
You have reached 150 CP in your Bachelor's degree program? Perfect. We now offer you two options:
- You continue your studies and graduate as soon as possible
- You take a semester break and use this time to find a job, do internships, get a taste of companies, learn languages, acquire cultural competencies or whatever enhances your skills. You do not have to pay any monthly fees for this semester. Of course, your studies will continue for one more semester.
You can use this bridging semester as a bridging semester at the earliest after reaching 150 CPs and at the earliest after finishing the 5th semester in terms of personal and professional development and remain enrolled. A fee is charged for this semester, but the last semester is then free of charge. The bridging semester is limited to one semester. You can indicate yourself if you have reached the required CP before the bridging semester.
The possibility to apply for a semester off remains. The bridging semester is a parallel existing attractive alternative.
The following curriculum / study plan serves as orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
- Business Concept (Self-Management, Intercultural Compentences, Introduction in Business Administration I (Creating a Business Plan), Introduction in Business Administration II) 10
- The Market (Mathematics I, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics I) 10
- Performance Output (Procurement, Production Management, Physical Distribution, Mathematics II) 10
- Marketing (Marketing & Sales, Statistics II) 10
- Financial Planning (Investment & Financing, Cost & Performance Accounting I, External Accounting I, Mathematics III) 10
- From Theory into Practice (Academic Work & Presentation Techniques, Project Management, Quality Management, Project Seminar I) 10
- Legal Basics (Public Law, Private Economic & Commercial Law, Company Law & Selected Economic Law) 10
- Information Technology (Introduction in Computer Science, Application Oriented Data Processing, Introduction in E-Business, Programming & IT-Projects) 10
- Company Organisation (Human Resources & Organisation, Controlling, Business Management & Planning I) 10
- Financial Planning II (Quantitative Methods of Scientific Work, Introduction of ERP-Systems, External Accounting II, Cost & Performance Accounting II) 10
- Financial Planning III (Accounting, Company Taxation, Organisation) 10
- Best Practice (Human Resources Management, Project Seminar II) 10
- Business Management (Business Creation & Development, Business Management & Planning II) 10
- Digital Marketing Management, Digital Marketing Law 10
- Social Media Management, E-Commerce, SEO, SEA, Analytics 10
- Practical Experience (Internship) 14
- Realisation (Bachelor's Thesis incl. Colloquium) 16
For your application you will need:
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
For international students with local university entrance qualification.
Passing entry exam with good score – admission
Passing entry exam – admission with additional integrated study courses
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off registration fee of 950 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EU citizens):
- 1. semester fee + one-time registration fee of 950 Euro is to be paid before the semester starts
- payment per semester is mandatory
- deposit for final admission letter: 3.000 Euro
- fee for cancellation: 3.000 Euro
Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible. Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines