Do you take the use of smartphones, social media, Internet and search engines for granted in your daily life? With our major Digital Business, you will be prepared to play a central role in the digital transformation of companies and their products.
Campus Münster, Campus Rhineland Business Management B.Sc. - Digital Business
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- 6 Semesters
- Full time
- 180 ECTS
- Direct entry
- multiple locations
- Full time
- summer and winter semester
Your course content What you will learn
In addition to a broad economic background, the Digital Business major provides you with the technological knowledge you need to deal with the digital revolution in a qualified manner. You learn to combine information technology innovations with economic methods to develop new products and to set up processes and structures in companies digitally and with a promising future. You understand what digital transformation means and can successfully implement this knowledge in your everyday professional life. As the founder of a start-up and as a specialist or manager of an established company, you can competently drive growth and further development. Within group work, you will learn how teams function, how to organise yourself and how to present your results professionally. At the end of your studies, you will know how to convince financiers, superiors, colleagues or employees of your ideas. You can systematically plan ideas and your own business ideas and implement them successfully.
Your career prospects Our innovative approach that pays off
Your career prospects are excellent with a promising combination of business knowledge and knowledge in the field of information technology and digitalisation. You can found a start-up as your own entrepreneur with an appropriate idea. You can find employment opportunities in companies wherever innovatively thinking business economists who see innovations as an opportunity and not as a threat are needed.
Possible fields/sectors are:
- Management consultancy
- Marketing and sales
- Logistics, purchasing and trade
- Controlling and accounting
- Banks and insurances
Flexibility at its best - Our bridge semester
In addition to the high-quality transfer of knowledge in teaching according to the CORE principle and thus in addition to the training of technical, social and methodical competence application, the personal development of the students is also important to our university. Therefore, we have now introduced the so-called bridging semester in order to offer a maximum of flexibility for exactly this personal development. How does this work and what are the requirements? Quite simply.
You have reached 150 CP in your Bachelor's degree program? Perfect. We now offer you two options:
- You continue your studies and graduate as soon as possible
- You take a semester break and use this time to find a job, do internships, get a taste of companies, learn languages, acquire cultural competencies or whatever enhances your skills. You do not have to pay any monthly fees for this semester. Of course, your studies will continue for one more semester.
You can use this bridging semester as a bridging semester at the earliest after reaching 150 CPs and at the earliest after finishing the 5th semester in terms of personal and professional development and remain enrolled. A fee is charged for this semester, but the last semester is then free of charge. The bridging semester is limited to one semester. You can indicate yourself if you have reached the required CP before the bridging semester.
The possibility to apply for a semester off remains. The bridging semester is a parallel existing attractive alternative.
The following curriculum / study plan serves as orientation - deviations are possible Your curriculum
Business Concept (Self-Management, Intercultural Compentences, Introduction in Business Administration I (Creating a Business Plan), Introduction in Business Administration II)10
The Market (Mathematics I, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics I)10
Performance Output (Procurement, Production Management, Physical Distribution, Mathematics II)10
Marketing (Marketing & Sales, Statistics II)10
Financial Planning (Investment & Financing, Cost & Performance Accounting I, External Accounting I, Mathematics III)10
From Theory into Practice (Academic Work & Presentation Techniques, Project Management, Quality Management, Project Seminar I)10
Legal Basics (Public Law, Private Economic & Commercial Law, Company Law & Selected Economic Law)10
Information Technology (Introduction in Computer Science, Application Oriented Data Processing, Introduction in E-Business, Programming & IT-Projects)10
Company Organisation (Human Resources & Organisation, Controlling, Business Management & Planning I)10
Financial Planning II (Quantitative Methods of Scientific Work, Introduction of ERP-Systems, External Accounting II, Cost & Performance Accounting II)10
Financial Planning III (Accounting, Company Taxation, Organisation)10
Best Practice (Human Resources Management, Project Seminar II)10
Business Management (Business Creation & Development, Business Management & Planning II)10
Digitalisation in Business and Society10
Digital Strategies and Business Models10
Practical Experience (Internship)14
Realisation (Bachelor's Thesis incl. Colloquium)16
Admission requirements Our requirements
For your application you will need:
- One of the following qualifications: General university entrance qualification, University of Applied Sciences entrance qualification, North Rhine-Westphalia extended university entrance qualification or for international applicants: university entrance qualification or equivalent
- Health insurance certificate
- certification of proficiency in English (e. g. IELTS 6.5, a TOEFL score of at least 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or other verification (for instance, via an interview). This requirement is waived for students from countries where English is the official language of education.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country before beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enroll at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
For international students with local university entrance qualification.
Passing entry exam with good score – admission
Passing entry exam – admission with additional integrated study courses
Fees and Funding Your tuition fees
Study fees (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
4.500 Euro per semester (750 Euro per month) + one-off enrollment fee of 1000 Euro.
Terms of payment (valid for all non-EWR citizens):
1. You pay 1000 € (one-off enrollment fee in advance - that is not refundable)
2. We will send you the Final Admission Letter (now you have time to take care of Health insurance, APS, VISA, blocked account, accommodation etc.)
3. After that, you will receive a new payment request in the amount of the first semester fee (payment per semester is mandatory)
4. If we received this fee, you will be enrolled
Option for you: You can get a discount of 3% for annual payment and 5% for full payment
Apply now Application process and deadlines
1. You can apply easy by clicking on the button 'Apply' on our website and you will be linked to our SRH application portal.
2. You can register online on our SRH application portal and will be guided through the application process.
3. After you have sent your application, we will check your admission.
4. If you fulfill the requirements, you will receive a contract from us by post or email. You will also receive an overview of the documents we still need from you.
5. You sign your study contract and send it back to us together with the missing documents.
6. You will receive your certificate of enrolment after we received your fees on our University bank account.
7. You take part in our introductory week and start your dream study programme!
There is no deadline for enrolment. You have the choice to apply whenever you want. But to guarantee a smooth process, we highly recommend to apply as soon as possible.
Important information: Please verify the specific visa deadlines for your country for beginning studies in Germany. You will only be able to enrol at the university if you have a visa valid for study in Germany. Please contact the German embassy in your home country to obtain the specific deadlines.
Other suitable programmes You might also be interested in
Business Management B.Sc.
- multiple locations
- Full time